About the company
benerail is the Leading Railway Retail Expert in Europe.
Our organization enables railway companies and railway distributors to sell international railway tickets across Europe. Regardless of which inventory systems are needed to provide the tickets. benerail makes this possible by connecting the different ticket inventory systems together and delivering this as a service to the market via our smart API solutions. The API is accompanied by supportive services like product data management, consultancy and end to end testing services. In this way we reduce complexity for our customers, so they can focus fully on optimizing the service to the travelers and making the choice for international railway travel easy for the Traveler.
benerail is your smart ticket to a greener world.
Benerail has the mission of maximizing the total number of travelled kilometers for all travelers via the benerail IT systems at the lowest cost to our customers, helping the railway industry to become the most environmentally friendly and competitive means of transport. We believe we do this best by a product differentiation strategy focusing on the needs of our main customers.
The company is owned by The Belgian and Dutch national railways and we also serve the Danish and Luxemburg railways. Our strategy now is focusing on expansion, driven by our mission to facilitate a significant contribution to a better climate. For this reason, we are building a scalable organization based on autonomous purpose driven teams.
Our main office is situated in Antwerp, with branches in Amsterdam and Brussels.
about the team:
Benerail has started the agile transition in March 2021. As agile coach, you join a team with 2 other agile coaches (who combine the role of agile coach with scrum master) and 3 scrum masters.
about the job:
Focus of this agile coach role:
- Coaching of 5 teams
- Product owner role of the agile transition for the consolidation phase of the agile transition (expected duration: 2022)
Your responsibility: together with the agile coaches, you consolidate the new agile way of working, implement scaling solutions where needed and increase the agile maturity. By end of 2022, it is expected that the agile coach support can be reduced to 1 agile coach.
The agile coaching includes (non-exhaustive):
- Training employees on all levels in the agile way of working
- Coaching of two – in training – scrum masters
- Implementing the new agile way of working (SCRUM – Kanban) and the SCRUM values in the organisation. (KPI: agile maturity)
- Contribute to monitoring and measurement activities around the success of the agile transformation
The product owner role of the agile transition includes:
Ownership of the agile transition roadmap, including:
- Build/continue vision agile transition, agile planning and backlog management
- Progress reporting towards the leadership team (agile maturity KPIs)
- Risk & issue management
- Stakeholder management
- Advocate of the agile transition / maturity and evidence-based management
The ideal candidate:
- Is a servant leader, with excellent coaching skills, able to support the team by helping them to work better on quality and efficiency, by implementing continuous improvement principles based on transparency, inspection and adaption.
- Has excellent knowledge and training abilities about the (agile) techniques the team uses to coordinate their work, like Scrum, Kanban, Lean... Has knowledge of scaling frameworks like SAFe, Spotify model,… and is able to support implementation.
- Is at least a certified Scrum Master. Product Owner or Agile Coach certification is a plus. Has a proven track record in setting up an agile coach role in a complex environment. Experience with alignment with the product ownership roles and the portfolio process is a plus.
- Is a skilled workshop facilitator and uses this to make the team learn together but also facilitate in breaking down complex problems in smaller pieces.
- Is a people manager, motivator and has an excellent eye for group dynamics. He/she has change management skills and is able to implement values which are important for effective agile teams, like: openness, respect, courage and commitment courage.
- Has excellent problem-solving skills, both in the teams, cross team as well outside the team. Is able to improve the chain cooperation.
- Is self-starting, analytical and helps the team in measuring progress and identify bottle-necks.
- Has a good organizational sensitivity, is proactive in managing the external dependencies the team has and shields the team form unwanted outside influences which will disturb the progress.
- Stimulates the team strongly in self learning, becoming autonomous and independent. With the ultimate goal to make the scrum master role redundant.
- Has a good knowledge of the agile way of working being trained as a scrum master, knows the essence of the agile manifesto, the scrum-guide and scrum values and knows how they work.
- Has experience working with JIRA and confluence, IT-savvy person. A good sense of humor is a plus.
- Languages: English and Dutch
- Work is mainly from home, but flexible to travel by train to Amsterdam/Antwerp/Brussel.
what we offer:
The unique chance to help reorganizing a small company into an agile organisation, and as such contribute to a modal shift to sustainable mobility.
If you share our core business values; daring, connected & trusted, chances are we have a match!