about the company
benerail is the Leading Railway Retail Expert in Europe.
Have you ever tried to book an international train ticket? Nightmare, right? That’s what we are trying to solve. Our organisation enables companies to sell international railway tickets across Europe, regardless of the company operating the train. Our API and front-ends are the market standard in the Benelux and are accompanied by supportive services like product data management, consultancy and integration services. In this way we reduce complexity for our customers, so they can focus entirely on optimising service to the travellers while making it easier for them to opt for international railway travel as everything is interconnected.
benerail is your smart ticket to a green world.
benerail is a spin-off from the Belgian and Dutch national railways, well established yet very ambitious. To help the railway industry become the most attractive environmentally-friendly and competitive means of transport, our strategy now focuses on expansion. Driven by our mission to facilitate a significant contribution to a better climate, we are building a scalable and sustainable organisation on a foundation comprised of autonomous and purpose-driven teams.
Our main office is located in Antwerp, with flex in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Brussels. We connect remotely and in person.
about the job
The moove_api is benerail’s latest cutting-edge interface that opens up European rail for travel agents worldwide. Now we want to take the next steps for this interface with the newest standard in the railway world, OSDM (https://youtu.be/TVxQdq8nMAI) . Within a nimble satellite team of just two developers, you are using the internal API calls to build a connector based on the OSDM standard. With the support of the existing API team, you and your partner in crime will cover all aspects of the development process, from refinement of user stories to testing. This challenging project with tight deadlines will give you the rare opportunity to deliver a full product end to end and have a lasting impact in giving the world a greener travel future.
The initial contract is for a defined period of 6 months.
- A solid experience and affinity with Scrum & Agile
- +5 years or more experience with both programming and analysis in a complex technical environment
- Ability to work autonomously and follow his/her own path
- Knowledge and interest in:
Java and common libraries/frameworks (Spring Boot, Junit, Mockito),
REST APIs (JSON, Swagger/OpenAPI, HATEOAS,...),
Min.IO or S3 storage API is a plus,
Docker and Kubernetes are a plus,
Azure API management solutions is a plus
- Masters English as the working language
- Mastering French and/or Dutch is a plus
- Takes pride in creating consistent high-quality code, based on best practices
- has experience with automating tests
- experience in the travel world is a plus
- is flexible to travel to Antwerp from time to time (~1 day a week)
what we offer
- The unique chance to put a very strong product on the market, together with a group of enthusiastic specialists, to contribute to a shift towards sustainable mobility
- Flexibility, including the opportunity to work from home
- A modern office within walking distance of the railway station Antwerpen-Centraal
- Reimbursed international travel (i.e. from the Netherlands to our Belgian office or vice versa)
- A competitive remuneration
- And, most importantly, a dynamic and vibrant organisation where working goes hand in hand with having fun
Do you dare to take on this challenge?
To contact us about this job, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.