about the company
benerail is the Leading Railway Retail Expert in Europe.
Have you ever tried to book an international train ticket? Nightmare, right? That’s what we are trying to solve. Our organisation enables companies to sell international railway tickets across Europe, regardless of the company operating the train. Our API and front-ends are the market standard in the Benelux and are accompanied by supportive services like product data management, consultancy and integration services. In this way we reduce complexity for our customers, so they can focus entirely on optimising service to the travellers while making it easier for them to opt for international railway travel as everything is interconnected.
benerail is your smart ticket to a green world.
benerail is a spin-off from the Belgian and Dutch national railways, well established yet very ambitious. To help the railway industry become the most attractive environmentally-friendly and competitive means of transport, our strategy now focuses on expansion. Driven by our mission to facilitate a significant contribution to a better climate, we are building a scalable and sustainable organisation on a foundation comprised of autonomous and purpose-driven teams.
Our main office is located in Antwerp, with flex in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Brussels. We connect remotely and in person.
about the job
You will be part of an agile product team, where your main duties and responsibilities will be the following:
- Collaborate with our carrier-customer (organisation managing the Intercity Brussels-Amsterdam product) to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product vision and roadmap including value potential for customer and benerail
- Translate the product vision and wishes into work for the team and define the product backlog
- With the support of a business analyst, define product requirements, user stories and use cases, then match these requirements with feature sets that external and internal partner(s)/teams are proposing out of the box or as part of their product roadmap
- Manage and prioritise product backlog to ensure the configuration and implementation of the product to both benerail and customer needs
- Oversee all stages of product delivery including development, configuration and implementation
- Monitor and evaluate product progress on value, scope, budget and planning at each stage of the process
- Validation of product deliveries by internal and external teams
- Liaise with the product teams and end-users to deliver updates
- Participate in scrum meetings and product sprints
We are looking for a team player who can hold their own on every corporate level, both in their own team as well as in the boardroom.
- You know how the international rail ecosystem works
- You feel comfortable communicating with various stakeholders and managing expectations. Stakeholders include both customer using the product as well as external and internal delivery teams buidling and servicing the product.
- You have experience with: Scrum/Agile way of working; Jira and Confluence (Atlassian); MS office
- You are analytical and conceptual
- You master English as the working language
- Dutch and/or French is a plus
- You are flexible to travel to Antwerp regularly and to our customers in Amsterdam and/or Brussels
what we offer
- The unique chance to put a very strong product on the market, together with a group of enthusiastic specialists, to contribute to a shift towards sustainable mobility
- A job with the freedom and responsibility to help shape development activities
- Flexibility, including the opportunity to work from home
- A modern office within walking distance of the railway station Antwerpen-Centraal
- Reimbursed international travel (i.e. from the Netherlands to our Belgian office or vice versa)
- A competitive remuneration
- And, most importantly, a dynamic and vibrant organisation where working goes hand in hand with having fun
Do you dare to take on this challenge?