QA chapter lead
about the company:
benerail is the Leading Railway Retail Expert in Europe.
Have you ever tried to book an international rail journey? Nightmare, right? That’s what we are trying to solve. Our organisation enables companies to sell international railway tickets across Europe. Regardless of which railway is needed to provide the tickets. We reduce complexity for our customers, so they can focus on optimising the service to the travellers and make the choice for international railway travel easy.
benerail is your smart ticket to a greener world.
Benerail is a spin-off from The Belgian and Dutch national railway, well established yet very ambitious. To help the railway industry become the most attractive environmentally friendly and competitive means of transport, our strategy now focuses on expansion. Driven by our mission to facilitate a significant contribution to a better climate, we are building a scalable and sustainable organisation built on autonomous and purpose-driven teams.
Our main office is located in Antwerp, with flex in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Brussels. Although we love coming together in person, because of the international nature of benerail and its people, we have been a remote-first company from the start.
about the job:
A QA Chapter lead’s main task is facilitating the definition, implementation and embedding of Quality Assurance standards and practices. You’ll focus on continuously improving the Quality of all aspects of the development and operational processes. You’ll participate actively in Scaled Agile ceremonies, helping participants to stay within the Quality boundaries of the organisation that you helped to define and detect potential quality improvement opportunities. As a part-time member of a product team, you’ll be working in an agile way on qualitative product delivery, guaranteeing hands-on experience and a grounding in the teams’ reality essential for your role as leader of the Quality Assurance Chapter. As a Chapter Lead, you’ll be responsible for all the people working in the QA chapter; a group of 10 people. Our Chapter Leads are servant leaders, taking on a supportive role to help their people improve and grow.
Specifically, you’ll be performing the following tasks:
- Coach the Quality Assurance team members to a higher maturity level.
- Enable the removal of impediments that hinder the embedding of Quality.
- Co-create an incremental approach to Quality Assurance at benerail including:
- risk management
- demonstrable implemented procedures and processes
- automated tooling CI/CD, workflows
- Recruit members for the QA Chapter, with the support of HR.
- Provide the organisation with quality performance metrics through assessments.
- Together with the other Chapter Leads, you will endeavour to continuously improve the growth of our employees and company.
We are looking for an ambitious and people-focused Quality Officer. Someone who likes to take juniors under her/his wing and see them grow. Comfortably crossing swords with developers on Quality matters to tap their knowledge and keep things moving towards a Quality built-in system. A team player who can hold her/his own on every corporate level, both in the dev teams and the boardroom.
Our wish list:
- 5+ Leadership experience
- 8+ years of experience in Quality Assurance in a complex technical environment
- Solid Scrum/Agile experience and supporter
- Affinity with: Secure Software Development, SIG or OWASP
- ISO 27001/-2 or COBIT compliancy experience
- GDPR compliancy experience
- Built-in Quality knowledge
- Knowledge of Test Automation is a plus
- Devops experience is a plus
- Master English as the working language
- Dutch and/or French is a plus
- Take pride in creating consistent best practices for QA
- Experience with people management or is at least interested in it
- Flexible to travel to Antwerp regularly
We are looking for a full-time employee (on our benerail payroll or as a external consultant).
what we offer:
- The unique chance to put a very strong product on the market together with a group of enthusiastic specialists, to contribute to a shift into sustainable mobility.
- A job with the freedom and responsibility to lead a lean quality transition.
- Flexibility, including the opportunity to work from home.
- A brand-new office within walking distance of the Antwerp Central railway station
- (International) travel (i.e. from the Netherlands to our Belgian office or vice versa) will be reimbursed by benerail.
- A competitive remuneration
- And, very important, a dynamic and vibrant culture with the best of both Belgium and the Netherlands where having fun is really important
Do you dare to take on this challenge?
To contact us about this job, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com