About the company
benerail is the Leading Railway Retail Expert in Europe.
Our organization enables railway companies and railway distributors to sell international railway tickets across Europe. Regardless of which inventory systems are needed to provide the tickets. benerail makes this possible by connecting the different ticket inventory systems together and delivering this as a service to the market via our smart API solutions. The API is accompanied by supportive services like product data management, consultancy and end to end testing services. In this way we reduce complexity for our customers, so they can focus fully on optimizing the service to the travelers and making the choice for international railway travel easy for the Traveler.
benerail is your smart ticket to a greener world.
Benerail has the mission of maximizing the total number of travelled kilometers for all travelers via the benerail IT systems at the lowest cost to our customers, helping the railway industry to become the most environmentally friendly and competitive means of transport. We believe we do this best by a product differentiation strategy focusing on the needs of our main customers.
The company is owned by The Belgian and Dutch national railways and we also serve the Danish and Luxemburg railways. Our strategy now is focusing on expansion, driven by our mission to facilitate a significant contribution to a better climate. For this reason, we are building a scalable organization based on autonomous purpose driven teams.
Our main office is situated in Antwerp, with branches in Amsterdam and Brussels.
about the team:
Benerail has started the agile transition in March 2021. As a scrum master, you join a team with 3 agile coaches (who combine the role of agile coach with scrum master) and 3 scrum masters.
about the job:
Focus of this scrum master role:
- At start-up, you will be the scrum master of 2 agile teams (with growth path towards 3 teams);
- You will be supported and coached in this role by one of the agile coaches to further mature in your role.
As a scrum master, you are an expert in the field of agile and SCRUM. You are responsible for the efficiency of the agile team(s) you support, and play an important role in implementing and consolidating the agile organisation. You have organizational sensitivity, know how to handle different interests and relationships, and know how to build bridges where needed.
Your responsibility: together with the agile coaches, you consolidate the new agile way of working, implement scaling solutions where needed and increase the agile maturity. By end of 2022, it is expected that the agile coach support can be reduced to 1 agile coach.
This assignment is preferably filled-in as a permanent position (payroll), or as a consultancy assignment with option to become a fixed position. On the long term, the assignment is part of a growth path towards an agile coach function.
The ideal candidate:
- Fosters transparency and helps to stimulate the team in finding improvements; Takes initiative and proactively tries to tackle impediments;
- Helps the team increase its performance and grow towards a higher agile maturity level by coaching, training, advising and facilitating.
- Is intrinsically motivated to help other people in their personal and professional development
How does it work?
You help the development team(s):
- To work together as a team;
- To grow an agile mindset and understand and apply a SCRUM or Kanban way of working;
- In understanding the underlying objectives of the different events (daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint retrospective) and to be able to facilitate these events autonomously;
- To make their team productivity and value creation transparent, and facilitates the team in looking for ways to improve this
- In defining team objectives together with the team, build an realize the plan to reach these objectives to gradually increase the quality, predictability, agility and time-to-market of the team;
- To resolve conflicts in the team, challenge the status-quo if needed and maximize growth opportunities;
- By supporting the team in delivering their product with maximum customer value at the right moment;
- To autonomously tackle impediments, address cross team impediments together with the other scrum masters and agile coaches and ask help where needed.
You support the product owner(s):
- With team collaboration and stakeholder management;
- Making the product backlog transparent and manageable;
- Realizing maximum customer value.
Together with the agile coaches, you help the organization to become more agile by:
- Actively make proposals for improvement and help implementing them;
- Collaborating with other scrum masters from a system thinking point of view and apply continuous improvement across teams and organization level;
- Facilitating or executing trainings and stimulate knowledge sharing concerning the agile way of working.
- First experiences as a scrum master;
- Has experience working with JIRA and confluence, IT-savvy person.
- Hands-on and people oriented mindset;
- Languages: English and Dutch;
- Work is about 75% from home, but flexible to travel by train to Amsterdam/Antwerp/Brussel;
- A good sense of humor is a plus.
what we offer:
The unique chance to help reorganizing a small company into an agile organization, and as such contribute to a modal shift to sustainable mobility.
If you share our core business values; daring, connected & trusted, chances are we will have a match!