Business Domain Responsible/Analyst Distribution Features
About the company
benerail is the Leading Railway Retail Expert in Europe.
Our organization enables railway companies and railway distributors to sell international railway tickets across Europe. Regardless of which inventory systems are needed to provide the tickets. benerail makes this possible by connecting the different ticket inventory systems together and delivering this as a service to the market via our smart API solutions. The API is accompanied by supportive services like product data management, consultancy and end to end testing services. In this way we reduce complexity for our customers, so they can focus fully on optimizing the service to the travelers and making the choice for international railway travel easy for the Traveler.
benerail is your smart ticket to a greener world.
Benerail has the mission of maximizing the total number of travelled kilometers for all travelers via the benerail IT systems at the lowest cost to our customers, helping the railway industry to become the most environmentally friendly and competitive means of transport. We believe we do this best by a product differentiation strategy focusing on the needs of our main customers.
The company is owned by The Belgian and Dutch national railways and we also serve the Danish and Luxemburg railways. Our strategy now is focusing on expansion, driven by our mission to facilitate a significant contribution to a better climate. For this reason, we are building a scalable organization based on autonomous purpose driven teams.
Our main office is situated in Antwerp, with branches in Amsterdam and Brussels.
About the team
As Business Analyst “distribution features”, you will be part of a software development team. The purpose of the team is to develop features needed to improve the distribution of international railway tickets to travelers and to support the railway traveler during the journey. The team consist of developers, (information) analysts and testers. The team consists of 10 people and is supported by a Scrum master. The team is newly set-up, as part of the overall Agile transition within benerail. You will have the opportunity play an important role in shaping this team into its optimal form.
The team is part of the community development value stream, together with the Front-end team, API-team and Data Intelligence team. The distribution features team will maintain and shape the intelligent core of benerail community development, disclosed to the customer by the API- and Front end teams.
About the job
As a Business Domain Responsible/Analyst you are the link between business and the IT development teams. The Business Domain Responsible/Analyst works together with the team on a backlog that is managed by the Product Owner.
As such you:
- Identify the business needs of internal and external customers;
- Maintain a relationship with international customers and partners to support them in the definition and alignment of needs,
- Follow market developments in your field of expertise to allow you to react quickly to new trends and innovations,
- Support the business architect in the creation of the architecture roadmap,
- Advise decision makers at a functional (business) level.
- Describe the business needs in a high-level analysis document, based on the customer capability model that is submitted to the business stakeholders for approval.
- In the case that the solution to the business needs requires changes to the benerail systems:
- Elaborate on the business needs in a functional analysis, compliant with the benerail reference architecture, that will serve as the input for development.
In this process you:
- Create the user stories.
- Document the changes to subsystems and components that are needed to implement the user stories and discuss the required capacities within the team. While doing this, you ensure compliance with rail and IT standards and best practices and you take trends and innovations in the rail and retail world into account. A data driven solution that can support different cases is preferred to a specific design.
- Write new specification documents or update existing ones (e.g. Logical Data Model, Protocol Definition, Component Dependencies, State Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Data Mapping).
- Collaborate with test specialists to define functional test scenario’s.
- Act as Product Owner on occasion of absence of or assistance to the PO to steer the Agile development process and prioritize the user stories together with the stakeholders and release Manager.
- Participate in the Agile ceremonies representing the customer and if needed adjust the solution and/or the priority of the user stories depending on changes in strategy or dependencies with other initiatives in collaboration with the stakeholders and Release Manager.
- In the case that the solution to the business needs requires changes by customers, suppliers or partners of benerail:
- Act as the expert contact for the customer, supplier or partner.
While benerail is looking to hire a permanent employee on a full-time contract, due to the urgency there is an option to start as contractor.
- Experience with functional analysis, incl. collecting and elaborating business requirements
- Experience with Agile (SAFe)
- A minimum of three years working experience in a similar role
- Experience with interacting and collaborating with different nationalities and cultures
- Education and knowledge:
- Completed higher education (preferably with a degree in IT)
- Knowledge of different analysis methodologies
- Knowledge of different modelling methods (UML, ERD)
- Knowledge of different data formats (XML, JSON)
- Acquaintance with international train travel, air travel, Global Distribution Systems and/or travel operators is an important plus Good practical knowledge of Dutch and English is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of French and German is a plus
- Attitude and skills:
- Independent and enterprising
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Customer oriented
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Quality oriented
- Flexible to work at different locations during the week and willing to travel internationally